On May 11th, Keith Pitchford with Pitchford Trees will guide us through a two-hour tour of the Rock Creek Watershed.
* We meet up about 50-60′ into the tree canopies and discover a great perspective into the treetops “a view not many people get to see, and I suspect that thousands of people walk by there without recognizing that they are walking through the tree tops.”
* We will walk three blocks north along Connecticut Avenue and learn about general street tree issues.
* Walk down into the Melvin C. Hazen Park and look at patterns of root growth, limb growth and various defects on the trees in the park. (The entrance maybe a bit steep. Alternatively, we may be able to get into the park and get on the old Klingle Road section closer to Macomb St.)
* Bring your boots, proper clothing, and enthusiasm!
* Reflect and connect what you see and learn with your relationship with God, the Compassionate, the Merciful, and his creation.